Fire breaks out in Gujarat Bhavan basement – No Casuality

A minor fire broke out in the basement of Gujarat Bhavan here this morning and controlled in 40 minutes.

No loss was accounted for in the episode. The Delhi Fire Services said they got a call at 8:10 AM taking after which eight fire tenders were hurried to the spot to splash the blazes.

“The fire began in the basement where old furniture was stored. The flames were doused by 8:40 AM and no casualty was reported,” said a DFS official.

A short circuit is suspected to be the cause of the fire.

Earlier today another incident of fire occured in AIIMS Delhi.

A minor fire broke out on Sunday morning at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in the national capital.

The flame broke out on the fourth floor at around 10:05 AM and was controlled by 10:25 AM. Five fire tenders were hurried to the spot to splash the blazes. Nobody was harmed in the burst.

According to sources, the cause of the fire has been ascertained as a short circuit.

Firefighters rushed to the hospital to douse the fire and the situation is now under control.

There are no reports of any casualties.

Last Night another incident occurs

Fire broke out in two flats where actress Riya Sen is living with her star mother Moon Moon Sen in Juhu here around 1 a.m. No one was injured, a source has said.

“The incident occurred around 1 in the night (Sunday) when Moon Moon Sen was in the house with her daughter (Riya). However, none of them got injured,” the source close to Riya told IANS.

Tagged under

41°C

New Delhi

Widespread Dust

Humidity 10%

Wind 12.87 km/h

  • 25 May 201545°C29°C
  • 26 May 201544°C27°C